Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Senator Specter on the Health Care Bill

I generally do not pass along emails verbatim, but this one from Senator Specter is an exception:

At long last, health care reform is law.

I was proud to stand with President Obama in the White House today as he signed into law comprehensive health insurance reform, a bill for which I provided the key 60th vote in the U.S. Senate. I will continue to stand with the President to move the final components of reform swiftly through the Senate.

But the fight over health care reform is not yet over. Republicans are already working to repeal the bill -- like my far-right opponent Pat Toomey.

Mr. Toomey wants to allow insurance companies to continue to deny coverage based on pre-existing condiditons. Mr. Toomey wants to keep the Medicare donut hole. Mr. Toomey wants to rescind health care coverage for the 32 million Americans who will beneift from today's bill.

Mr. Toomey's assault on our new health care law would also strike down a part of the bill I authored that's very dear to me -- the Cures Acceleration Network (CAN). CAN is a new project that vastly expands the promise of turning medical research into cures and better treatment for people suffering from chronic diseases.

I am very proud of today's historic accomplishment, and I am equally determined to protect it. I am resolved to prevent far-right Pat Toomey and his allies from repealing the progress our country made today.

In order to do so, I will need your help. Your contribution of $25, $35, $50, $100, $250 or more will help me fight the anti-health care attacks that Mr. Toomey and his supporters are sure to launch against me.

Please help me protect today's victory.


Arlen Specter
U.S. Senator




Become a Member

Tell a Friend

Donate


No comments:

Post a Comment